Saturday, March 10, 2012

Lazy Outfit/Vaseline Nails



The Perfect Lazy Day Outfit 








Well. I finally got a job! A drive-thru cashier at Country Style! You may not be laughing, but my boyfriend is. And my mother. And sister... It may be surprising, but I am a lazy bum. The kind that, if I could, would live in my bed. So for me, this outfit is perfect. A thermal shirt that was probably lying on the floor, my favorite plaid patterned scarf, jeans, and Uggs. Best part? Hair up in a pony and no one suspecting its second day hair. Or worse ;) 

_________________________________________________________


Does Using Vaseline Help Paint my Nails?

 I'm a Pinterest freak, so when I saw this little trick I had to give it a go to see if it really worked. I decided to test it with one of my first nail polishes (Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in 270 "Lacey Lilac").





#1

Using a Q-Tip, covered one end with Vaseline.

 #2 

Covered skin around nail with Vaseline smothered Q-Tip


#3 

Ensured there was no Vaseline on the nail and removed any found

 #4

Painted nail. The Vaseline made it impossible to paint anywhere but the nail.
 Pros?

  • Great for in a hurry and needing it done FAST
  • Makes it much easier to do the right hand with confidence
  • Saves you from pulling out the nail polish remover and risking removing paint on nail
  • Everyday beauty product 


Cons?
  • Chance that a piece or strand of the cotton gets painted in on the nail (image above)
  • Sides of nails are hard to do!!
  • Just as time consuming as nail polish remover




Over all?

3/5

     

My verdict is it is best done only at the top and bottom of the nail. It does help with right hand but personally I would never use this method every time.



No comments:

Post a Comment