Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Scarfing the New Moon



Pretty ruffles :)


love the pulled apart look of my croc shoe





second last line. I'm such a twi-hard; I always end in tears.


Even though I know its not true, I still cry when Edward says Bella is no good.





So I thought I'd do a little fashion advice, as to why I picked the purple scarf to wear instead of my other 6 amazing scarves. So let me take you through the decision process.  


Plain outfit with out scarf. As you can see, I kind of need something to add a bit of colour and also fills in, and  ties the shirt and skirt together.


This afghan grey scarf is one of my favorites, but it deals a few problems.
  1. Too big and swarms my petite shape.
  2. No colour, and adds to the dull palette.
  3. Is very thick and adds an unbreakable taste in fashion.



This scarf, just no. This is more a square sheet of fabric and does nothing but add confusion to my outfit for the size and delicate detail prove to help nothing.


Simple? Yes. Small and dull? Also yes. 


This was the original scarf I grabbed for this outfit, but to me, its just missing that oomph, and the colour is more cold than the warm colours in the skirt and shirt.


If this scarf was thicker, larger in size, and more filling, I would have worn it. The colour and pattern is perfect, but just not for this outfit.


Another fine scarf. It has the right size, pattern, shape, and hangs perfectly, complimenting the skirt. However, it is white and fades out with the shirt. No way was I changing my shirt.


Perfect. Warm colours that compliment the skirt, hits the skirt at the right length, fills the area needing filling, and does not take center stage, but shares it. 


Hope you found this helpful for your own wardrobe,

-teal

1 comment:

  1. love that shoe :P and the knotty scarf appearance…

    ReplyDelete